Life as a Newlywed

The everyday ramblings of a young, newlywed wife from Alabama.

1.10.2005

And the award goes to.....

Me! Thank you, thank you! I love you all! Heh.

I was officially informed this afternoon that the paper I submitted last semester for a class on Social & Cultural Change has been accepted for the A-MSA Conference this February in Tuscaloosa. A-MSA is actually the Alabama-Mississippi Sociological Association, and I guess every year they have an educational and "student friendly" conference where they give students a chance to submit papers to be presented at the conference. Actually, I'll just be giving about a 13 minute speech on the paper itself, which is all related to maternal filicide (Andrea Yates and Melissa Drexler) were two of my examples. The paper studied the differences between teenage mothers who murder their children, and older mothers who kill their somewhat older children.

I put alot of effort into this paper, and it's a really big deal that it's been accepted (to me anyway) so now I'm all excited. Besides, how often is it that two of my favorite topics (sociology and criminology) can be linked and I actually learn something?

This is awesome! I love school!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home