Life as a Newlywed

The everyday ramblings of a young, newlywed wife from Alabama.

12.09.2004

Just.Want.Sleep.

. Sadly, yesterday was probably the worst birthday I've had.

I was supposed to be at work between 2:30-3:00 am yesterday morning. The night before, I had gone to bed with a terrible stomach ache and woke feeling even worse. I made it to work around 4:00am (I work in pricing, so we're required to be there early) and found myself greeted by the pricing manager/my co-worker, and a police car. Apparently, at 2:40 a.m. the store had been robbed at gunpoint.

Thankfully, no one was hurt but I was terrified because this is the first time that's ever happened at our store, and apparently one of the overnight stockers involved is seriously shaken up about it. I was told by the overnight cashier - she and the stocker were told to get face down on the floor at gunpoint - that she was terrified that he was going to bolt and run.

There is a small blurb in the Montgomery Newspaper about the robbery. Just go here.

The day just progressed from there, with my last stressful day of classes and then finding out that MrC would not be getting off work very early - so I ate birthday cake by myself last night.

And then some stupid woman called me an idiot when I was driving out of Food World because she and her daughter didn't bother to stop when I was driving toward them. So I drove around them instead.

What guts me the most about the entire robbery thing is that I was supposed to be there. So my mental state today isn't a good one. And now it's raining.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home