Life as a Newlywed

The everyday ramblings of a young, newlywed wife from Alabama.

11.19.2004

Ba Humbug!

I am trying. I really am. I am honest-to-goodness making every attempt (and failing) to get into the spirit of Christmas.

Yes, I realize it's still a little early...most people don't even have their trees up yet. Only 1/2 the businesses I come in contact with are playing Christmas music ("it's joyful and triumphant!"). My husband thinks that my favorite Christmas movie of all time might do the trick (read: Jim Carrey in The Grinch). Sadly, it's packed into a box under a mountain of other boxes in our livingroom.

I have a feeling the Christmas spirit I'm searching for might be misplaced until it can be unpacked after the Big Move next Sunday. Maybe I can watch the movie, put up the tree, and decorate our new house all in one day.

In other news not related to Christmas:
1. We found out we were unable to lock in the interest rate on our house.
2. The house is being sold to us at $2000 less than what the seller originally asked for (appraisal based).

And on a final note, my pet peeve for the day: When you call people who claimed to be at home the time that you called, yet they failed somehow to answer the phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home