Life as a Newlywed

The everyday ramblings of a young, newlywed wife from Alabama.

11.12.2004

Scott Peterson found guilty.

Today the jury in the Scott Peterson trial gave the verdict - guilty. 1st degree for Laci, 2nd degree for Connor. A classmate and I were talking about not understanding the difference in degree, so I took my nerdy little self and looked it up online. Apparently the difference is the option of premeditation, which I'm not sure I totally understand when it comes to baby Connor. The reason I say that is because if the jury is saying that Scott planned Laci's murder, he certainly didn't "accidentally" kill baby Connor. Unless they are only basing it on the fact that if Scott had disposed of Laci's body in the water, that baby Connor might have lived. I think they mentioned something before the trial even started about how her death must have somehow extracted the fetus from her body. I'm not sure I understand the science of that, but I felt like he was guilty just by his actions from the beginning so the verdict is a small victory for me. Although I'm certain that this was no victory for Laci's family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home